To be considered for any future employment opportunities with Crisis Response Services, please refer to the Employment Qualifications section for the minimum qualifications.
- Diploma or Degree in the social services field
- Previous experience working with the seriously mentally ill
- Formal training in suicide prevention, crisis management and non-violent crisis intervention
- Demonstrated commitment to community-based care
- Understanding of mental illness and the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation
- Sound knowledge of community services
- Must have a valid driver’s license and the use of a vehicle
- Willingness to work evenings, nights and weekends on an on-call basis.
- CPR First Aid and Non-violent Crisis Intervention training must be completed within the first six months of hire.